Download and Run Backtrack on Android Devices:
- 1. Rooted Android Device with Busybox Installed. Read this tutorial (How to install busybox on rooted android device)
- 2. Download some apps from Android Market like Android Terminal Emulatorand androidVNC.
- 3. 7zip (for PC), for extracting the files around 3.3 GB free on internal sdcard (/sdcard/)
- 4. Download Backtrack from here.
You need to do this only once,
- 1. Download the files from the links provided in this thread.
- 2. Extract the files using 7zip to a (needs 3.3GB free on that drive)
- 3. Connect your SGS2 to PC and mount USB storage.
- 4. Create a folder named ‘bt‘ (without quotes) in the root of your sdcard and copy the bt.img in that folder.
- 5. Also place bt5_sgs2_shell_scripts_v2.zip in root of sdcard, this file has to be flashed via recovery.
- 6. Once you verify that the above is correct then un-mount usb storage.
- 7. Reboot into recovery and flash the file bt5_sgs2_shell_scripts_v2.zip stored in root of sdcard (or if you are using 4 app then just select the file for flashing and the app will do the rest)
- 8. once ur phone reboots into OS just check the /sdcard/bt folder.
- 9. Final directory structure should look like this:
- 10. Once you verify that the above is correct then you can proceed.
/sdcard/bt/bt /sdcard/bt/bt.img /sdcard/bt/installbt.sh /sdcard/bt/startbt/sdcard/bt/stopbt
Launch BackTrack 5:
1. Start Terminal Emulator app on your SGS2 and enter the following commands (accept/allow any SuperUser request/popup that you may receive)
2. Now you are in BackTrack5 shell.
3. To launch GUI (vncserver) enter the command ui.
now note the number N shown localhost:N
e.g. as u can see from the above image that “New ‘X’ desktop is localhost:1“, so N=1
the vncserver is running at (5900 + N, N=1 ; so server port is 5901)
4. Now launch androidVNC app on phone and fill in the detials as follows:
Nick : bt
Address : 127.0.0.1
Port : 5901
Password : 12345678
Username : <leave it blank>
Color Format : 24-bit color (4 bpp)
Inside vnc window select input mode (i personally recommend the following)
TouchPad (here your screen works like a big touchpad use it to navigate mouse.)
5. Then press connect, now you are in BackTrack GUI!
6.if you want to exit/close BT5 then u need to follow these steps:
close the androidVNC app (Menu > Disconnect)
Go back into Terminal Emulator app and enter the following commands
you should be at this shell root@localhost:~#
now you will get back to this shell> #
now enter the following commands to stop bt and exit
you can now exit the Terminal Emulator app
i would also recommend that u reboot your android phone.