Lets learn how to install WordPress CMS on localhost using WAMP Server
We Need to download the following
1- WAMP Server — http://www.wampserver.com/en/
2- WordPress installation zip file — https://wordpress.org/latest.zip
- First of all let’s install WAMP server first.
Select install location. And proceed .
- Unzip and Copy the wordpress files and folder extracted from the zip file you downloaded.
- Now open the wamp installation path.
In our case it was c:/wamp
Notice a folder named www here
Create any folder in this www folder: Here I create folder named website
Now open website folder
Copy the extracted files and folders from the extracted wordpress directory
paste this in website directory under c:/wamp/www/website
- Launch WAMP server
- Open WAMP server menu from system tray a green W icon, click on it, select phpmyadmin
- Default LOGIN details are as below
password BLANK:(Leave it blank)
- Go to database.
- Create a new databse and name it anything you want, I am naming it as wordpress.
- Now open browser and in address-bar type :
- Press enter, here website is the folder name we created under www in wamp.
- Select the language: I prefer English, continue.
- We need the following data as shown in browser window like Database Name, Database Host, Database username & Password, Fill the following as we created
Database name is wordpress here in Tutorial as we created in phpmyadmin, database host is localhost, username- root, password (leave it blank) table prefix WP_
- Click on submit.
- Now in next window click RUN the install.
- Next we get to fill the Site information.
- Enter your website title,tag line, admin login username, admin login password, your email.
- And click – Install wordpress.
- Now wordpress is installed.
- Next window click login.
- NOTE: Your admin login address now is
localhost/website/wp-login.phpyou may type
- You have installed wordpress.
- DONE !!!
Here is a Video Guide on How to Install Word press on localhost using WAMP server
Install WordPress On Localhost (WAMP)” />scription” content=”Lets learn how to install WordPress CMS on localhost using WAMP Server We Need to download the following” />