Windows 8 onward Laptop Manufacturer ships with Enhanced UEFI Secure Boot which has replaced BIOS or Legacy Boot, thus it has been a little tricky to install Windows 8, Windows 8.1 on BIOS or Legacy Boot. Here is Guide How To Install Windows 8 on BIOS Legacy Boot Machines. Follow Step by Step Guide. Also Check Video Guide at Last.
- Boot to Firmware Settings ( old BIOS ) with the required Key like F2, F10, F9 etc..
- Enable Legacy Boot in Boot Options, if required Disable Secure boot but that is not mandatory.
Set the First Boot Device as your Bootable media Device which can be your Pen-drive or DVD. Also Check How To Create Bootable USB Disk Easily
- Save Settings and Restart, If asked to Press any key To Begin Setup…. , Don’t hesitate and Press any Key to start Setup of Windows.
- On the next screen you are given to select the language to install and currency format, Mine is India so I selected accordingly, and than press NEXT.
- Now you have set Language , Time format, its time to begin. Click Install Now to Begin Setup.
- Setup is starting.
- Enter the product Key For your windows version( Windows 8.1 Core, Single language, Professional, Enterprise). You can obtain the Setup Default Keys ( Generic Windows Keys by Microsoft here)
- Accept the License Agreement , if you are interested in reading the terms and agreements you may, else check the box and proceed by clicking Next.
- If you want to upgrade , click Upgrade, but I am doing Clean Install, So click Custom.
- Partition Selection is to be done carefully, I hve deleted all partitions First for clean install, this is often done when there are no important files on computer. If you are on Dual Boot Systems select options and partitions carefully, dont mess with boot partitions, recovery, and other Operating Systems partition Disks.
I have deleted all partition first.
- Select The Unpartitioned area and click New to create partition, Enter the Size of partitions you want to Create, Minimum Requrement for Windows 8, Windows 8.1 is 20GB. Click apply to create partition, it will ask to create additional Partitions to Ensure proper functioning, Click OK.
- Now Select the Partition on which you want to install Windows 8 or widows 8.1 and click Next.
- On the Next screen Files Copying Begin and you can see something Like this as picture below.
- Computer restarts Itself after few process and when files are copied.
- Few automated tasks like Drivers Installation ..
- Personalize the Color Scheme and Set Name for you Computer.
- Next you can customize few settings Like Windows Updates and rest I Chose to use The Express Settings.
- If you have active Internet Connection you will be asked to Login with Microsoft Account.
- Unfortunately I dont have active Internet Connection at the moment.
- Create local Accounts on Computer. Enter User name and Don’t Forget the password because this will an Administrator Group privileges Account.
- Finalizing You Settings.
- Few Moments of Rest while Installing Few Apps.
- Now you see a complete Different Windows Interface with Metro UI, That is Done. !!
Install Windows 8.1 on BIOS (Legacy Boot) Complete Guide” />scription” content=”How To Install Windows 8 on BIOS Legacy Boot. Windows 8 onward Laptop Manufacturer ships with Enhanced UEFI Secure Boot which has replaced BIOS or Legacy Boot, thus it has been a little tricky to install Windows 8, Windows 8.1 on BIOS or Legacy Boot. Here is Guide Machines. Follow Step by Step Guide. Also Check ” />