The 5.1-rc1 release is based on the Android 5.1.1_r24. We added many x86 specified code and fixed issues to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for netbooks or tablets. The key features contain
- Supports 64-bit kernel and userspace, as well as 32-bit system.
- Update kernel to 4.0.9.
- Enable OpenGL ES hardware acceleration for Intel/AMD(radeon/radeonsi)/Nvidia(nouveau) chipsets.
- Support booting from UEFI and installing to UEFI disk.
- Be able to install to ext4/ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems via a text based GUI installer.
- Support Multi-touch, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera and Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Auto-mount external usb drive and sdcard with filesystem vfat/ntfs/exfat/ext4.
- Support VM including Qemu, VirtualBox and VMware.
- Support foreign archs (arm / arm64) via the native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Apps Compatibility)
- Uvesafb doesn’t work for x86_64.
- Superuser doesn’t work for x86_64.
- Suspend and resume doesn’t work on some devices.
- No grub splah image.