Delete all Tweets
#1 Use Tweet Delete
- Go to tweetdelete.net
- Agree the terms and then sign in with Twitter. You’ll need to authorize the app. You can always revoke access after all your old tweets are deleted.
- Once you’ve authorized the app, you’ll be redirected back to the website where you’ve to play with a couple of options.
- Tick “Delete all my existing tweets before activating this schedule” and hit the Activate TweetDelete button. You can customize the other options as you want. I will never want an app to delete all my tweets automatically every few weeks or months. It’s something I’d want to just once. Since they don’t offer an option to turn off auto tweet deletion, just revoke access to the app after running it once.
- Boom! You just deleted all your tweets successfully!
#2 Use Tweet Deleter
- Go to tweetdeleter.com and authorize the app to use your Twitter account.
- Once authorized you’ll be redirected the site again where all your tweets will be displayed. Click the ‘Select All’ button and then hit the ‘Delete Now’ button on the left.
Some more features of Tweet Deleter include:
- Instead of selecting all the tweets, you can select only a couple of tweets if you want.
- Selecting tweets based on a date range.
- Selecting tweets containing a keyword.
- Selecting only @replies or re-tweets or pictures.
- Schedule automatic tweet deletion. It can automatically delete tweets older than a certain a number of days.
- Automatically delete tweets which contain a keyword you’ve set.
- It also allows you to specify the number of total tweets you want in your account. If you set it to 150, every time the number crosses 150, an older tweet will be deleted. Thus only your latest 150 tweets will be displayed. You can set this to any number you want.
#3 Use Tweet Eraser
- Open tweeteraser.com on your favorite browser.
- On the left there’s an option to authorize Tweet Eraser to mass delete tweets. Authorize it.
- Click on ‘Start Searching’ button to retrieve all tweets from your account.
- Click on the ‘+’ symbol to select all the tweets. If it doesn’t select all the tweets, try Check Them All for Google Chrome.
Tweet Eraser also allow you to delete direct messages, delete tweets containing a keyword and more.
#4 Use Delete All My Tweets
- Open deleteallmytweets.com on your browser.
- Sign in with your Twitter account and authorize the app.
- Confirm that you want to delete all tweets and then sit back as the tweets are deleted.
Only 1000 tweets can be deleted each time you run the app. So if you want to delete more than 1000 tweets, re-run the app.
Update: The app is not working. Will keep you updated. 14/11
Delete all Tweets on Android
Don’t have access to a desktop and still want to delete all your tweets? While most of the above sites work perfectly on mobile phones, it’s always a good idea to try an app. There aren’t many applications available for the Android platform. Unfortunately there’s just one which reportedly causes problems at times. Still if you want to give it a try read on.
#1 Use DLTTR
- Install DLTTR from Google Play Store on your device and launch it.
- It’ll ask you to add a Twitter account to begin. Add one and authorize it.
- If authorization is successful, you’ll see a new option reading hour. Just click on the right arrow until you see “ALL”. Tap it.
- Click on ‘Delete Tweets’ and your tweets are gone!
Caution: People have reported their tweet count getting stuck after using DLTTR even though the tweets were deleted. So make sure you are ready for problems like this before using this application.
Think Before Using the Above Tools
Once deleted, there’s no way to recover your tweets. So erase all tweets only if you’re sure that you will never need them again.
If you think you’ll need your tweets in future, download your Twitter Archive and then delete all your tweets! This way your tweets won’t exist on your Twitter account, but you’ll still be able to read them at a later point of time.
These tools often work unexpectedly. At times all your tweets would vanish but the count would remain the same. So proceed only if you’re ready to face problems like these.
If you’ve more than 3200 tweets, run any of the above tools multiple times since the Twitter API doesn’t allow you to delete more than 3200 tweets at once