In This tutorial, we learn remove shutdown button from logon screen.
With simple settings change Group Policy Editor we remove shutdown button from login screen,
Easy way to remove/hide or disable Shutdown button from login screen. This works in almost all Windows versions including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 , Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 .
This trick doesn’t involves changing any system file. Few simple steps and it’ll remove the shutdown button from login screen.
- METHOD 1: Using Group Policy Editor (
- METHOD 2: Using Registry Editor (
METHOD 1: Using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
1. Type gpedit.msc in RUN to open Group Policy Editor.
2. Now go to:
Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
3. In right-side pane, look for “
Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on” option.
The option would be set to Enabled. Double-click on it and set it to Disabled.
Apply the changes and it’ll immediately remove Shutdown button from login screen.
4. To restore shutdown button, again set the “Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on” option to Enabled.
METHOD 2: Using Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
If Group Policy Editor doesnot opens due to any reasons, you can do with Registry Editor the same task. Follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, look for a DWORD
shutdownwithoutlogon. Double-click on it and set its value to 0 as shown in following screenshot:
Restart or log off your system and shutdown button will get removed from login screen.
4. To restore shutdown button, change value of shutdownwithoutlogon to 1.