The installed .NetFramework Version can be sought from Registry under the following keys
- Open Registry Editor by typing regedit in RUN.
- Go to this key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP
- Here all versions installed are listed
The detailed information is stored in the sections with the version name, and in case of version 4.0 and later — in Client or Full subsections. Here are some parameters:
- Install -version install flag
- Version – the full version number
- Install Path – is the directory, to which the program is installed
- Release– release version
- You can get it from the Release parameter, for example:378389 — .Net Framework 4.5;
378675 — .Net Framework 4.5.1 in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2;
378758 — .Net Framework 4.5.1 in Windows 7/8 and Windows Server 2008/2012;
379893 — .Net Framework 4.5.2.