iOS (Jailbroken): Activator is a jailbreak hack that has been around since the early days and we love it. As software blog Addictive Tips has noted, a recent upgrade brought a neat new feature: actions based on headphone connections and disconnections. That means that you can now use Activator to make your phone launch an app whenever your plug your headphones in or take them out. Here’s how.
Just follow these steps:
- Install/update Activator in Cydia. You can install it by searching for it and tapping the Install button or update it through Cydia’s Changes tab.
- Open up your device’s Settings app and tap Activator.
- Tap anywhere, unless you want to restrict the action to your home screen, an app, or somewhere else.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you’ll find headphone actions. You can tap Connect, Disconnect, or one of the actions for the headphone’s remote.
- Choose what you want to happen. You can select an app to launch or various other actions.